For good general high-speed Internet access (beyond the most basic dial-up services), Telus ADSL is available via your existing Telus home or business line. With ADSL, you are in good company: ADSL is the most predominant high-speed Internet in use for business and residential customers around the world, and is the most secure high-speed Internet option.
Check with Ralcomm for ADSL availability in your area. Bundles are also available if you have a Telus home or business phone, and Ralcomm would be happy to tell you what's currently available.
ADSL offers differing upload and download speeds, and Ralcomm can sign you up for different plans:
- High Speed Lite lets you surf the Web and send email most affordably. Enjoy speeds of up to 256 Kbps
- High Speed (regular) allows game and music downloads quickly. Enjoy speeds of 1.5 - 6.0 Mbps.
- High Speed Turbo can download huge files, visit media-rich Web sites or play online games at top speed. Enjoy speeds of 10.0 - 15.0 Mbps.
- Telus Optik TV and Internet offers many package options, allowing you to choose from hundreds of TV channels and experience Internet speeds of up to 25.0 Mbps.
Basic system requirements:
- 32MB RAM (memory)
- 50MB hard disk space
- 166MHz processor speed
- 4x CD-ROM drive
- Ethernet card/interface
- Windows® 2000 / XP / Media Center / Vista™, Macintosh OS 10.1 through 10.5.